Friday, January 2, 2009

Resoultion Restitution?

Hello boys and girls and Happy New Year too!

How were my last minutes of 0-8?

Pretty good, I must say. I ended up staying in and partying with my best friend.

Next year is going to be the crazy one, because I'll be 21.

WOOT! WOOT!


So, I don't usually make New Years Resolutions because well, there always kind of lame. I almost never accomplish or even try to accomplish them. But there's something about this year that makes me want certain things for myself.

And even if I don't accomplish them or whatever, that maybe writing them for the world to see is a step in itself.

Something like that....

So here goes;

1. Learn to forgive.

I have always been the type of person who holds on to grudges, of every kind of nature. I'm not the type of person to forgive and forget...ever. This is something I kind of prided on because how often in life do people truly stick to their guns?

Never! Only it makes you/me the non-forgiving person look callous and well, petty. Because nine times out of ten, its over something petty.

I'm 20 years old and I need to learn to get over it. Whatever it may be.


2. Expand my circle.

I do practically the same things every day. I eat at the same restaurants, talk to the same people, shop at the same places... There's a point when it gets repetitive, when your life becomes a series of same....so to speak

And I'm sick of it.

I need to go to new places, meet new people, try new things, experience life a different way...

There's nothing wrong in knowing what you like but there becomes a point when your just repeating yourself...and frankly that's boring!

So I'm going to try...new things...

wow, I sound like Dr.Phil.....

bear with me here...


3. Be Healthy.

I go to bed anywhere from midnight to later on school nights, I don't eat proper meals at any set time, I never exercise, and sometimes I engage in illegal activities that cause me to have hangover's.....

None of this do I deem healthy behavior.

As a result, or so my parents think, I get sick about 4 times a year. And I mean sick. I literally have to go to the doctor and everything. It sucks.

And it needs to change.

As I'm writing this it's currently 11:58 pm, and I haven't even begun to get ready for sleep.

Clearly its going to be an uphill battle for these resolutions.

But that's whats so great about New Year's, you kind of get a do-over.

Its the one time all year that you can say to yourself, "lets change"


It's a re-soul-lution!

hey, I'm lame. But ya love it. :)


ps. This is a new thing I'm adding to this here blog....telling you what I'm listening to, because I think everyone should have a semblance of a soundtrack to their lives...

Currently listening to: Coldplay- the scientist

4 comments:

the satorialist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the satorialist said...

Hey kt! Nice resolutions. If you haven't checked it out, I think you'd like the stuff over at Leo's Zen Habits blog, zenhabits.net. He also started this cool New Year's Challenge at challenge.thepowerofless.com. I don't work for him, I promise, I just think you'll like his stuff. Don't forget to drop by my own year of resolutions at http://29before30.blogspot.com. And keep writing! :)

Anonymous said...

ur my resolution! lol

Anonymous said...

from the time you lay your head on your pillow to the moment you open your eyes- a new day guarantees another chance for change. new years can be nice though.

i enjoi fireworks but stars are nice too.